A small fruit that packs a lot of flavor and planty of health benefits and its name is kiwi
- Is full of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate and potassium.
- Has a lot of antioxidants that helps to remove free radicals and protects our cells and DNA from oxidative damage.
- Is a good source of fiber. A medium kiwi has 3 gr of fiber and only 60 kcal.
- Raw kiwi contains actinidain, an enzyme that can help digest a meal much like the papain in papaya or bromelain in pinapple.
- High level of potassium helps keep our electrolytes in balance by counteracting the effects of sodium.
- Because of vitamin C, kiwi can boost our immune system.
- Kiwi's low glycemic index and high fiber content means it will not create a strong isnulin rush like other fruits with high sugar contents. So is suitable for diabetics.
- Eating 2-3 kiwis per day has been shown to reduce the potential of blood clotting by 18% and reduce triglycerides by 15%.
- Kiwi is in the "most alkaline" category of fruits, meaning it has a reach supply of minerals to replace the excess of acidic foods most individuals consume.
- Protects our skin from degeneration.